Monthly Vegan Potluck
Our USSB monthly vegan potluck is a safe space in which to explore the pleasures of a completely plant-based meal. People with all eating styles are warmly welcomed. The commitment for participation is to contribute food that is totally plant-based, i.e., totally vegan. People are also encouraged to avoid processed food and sugar.
You are invited to share a vegan community meal and exchange ideas about plant-based eating — with strong evidence that use of animal food and animal food products:
- contributes to global warming and environmental degradation
- affects the possibility of equal food distribution across countries and cultures
- violates standards of animal welfare
- often harms human health as well as spiritual, mental, and emotional well-being
Please bring a dish that serves 10-12 people, and bring utensils, dishes, cups, and napkins. Space is limited to 20-25 people, so be sure to RSVP here if you plan to come, and update your RSVP if your plans change. Whatever your everyday eating style, please make sure that all food brought to the potluck is vegan (exclusively plant-based) — no animal products of any kind — including meat, seafood, dairy, yogurt, cheese, eggs, honey, etc. Bring an index card or piece of paper listing your ingredients. Raw and gluten-free dishes are welcome.
Here are some websites that offer vegan recipes and detailed directions for making delicious plant-based dishes:
The potlucks occur the first or second Sunday of every month in Blake Lounge from 6:15 to 8:45 p.m. You will be able to use the stove there for warming any dishes.
- Sunday, July 16 from 6:15 to 8:45 pm in Blake Lounge
- Sunday, August 13 from 6:15 to 8:45 pm in Blake Lounge
- Sunday, September 10 from 6:15 to 8:45 pm in Blake Lounge
If you have any other questions or concerns, please e-mail Cathy Albanese.