USSB Care Team
“Nurturing a spirit of connection and support in times of need.”
The USSB Care Team is here for members of the Unitarian Society who are going through a tough time or a big life transition. We are here to offer a supportive presence, to help in transition, and to provide an environment of hope and growth.
There are three main ways to contact the Care Team:
- Care Team hotline: 805-265-3681
- Speak directly with one of the Care Team members or with one of our ministers. Our Care Team members are Susan Dempsay, Mark Hamilton, Bruce Hanna, Megan Moyer, and Judy Rawles.
Messages for the Care Team are kept confidential.
Members of USSB should call the Care Team if you or someone you love is experiencing:
- Major life changes, such as the loss of a loved one, loss of employment, divorce or retirement
- Health problems, illness or hospitalization
- Isolation because of age, mobility problems, or for other reasons
- Spiritual crisis
- Other personal life transitions
Want to help?
Get connected to our Caring Network!
Our Caring Network connects members in need with others who are glad to lend helping hands.
We are looking for members and friends who are available to help out with simple, one-time requests from other members for help. This might be a ride to the doctor, delivering a meal, helping with shopping, or simply changing a light bulb for someone who can’t get on a ladder this week!
If you are interested in being part of this network, please fill out this form: