October 22, 2017
We are tweaking our class times just a bit in response to comments voiced by both parents and teachers trying to move between worship and CRE classes. Our classes will now begin at 10:25 and conclude at 11:05. That gives parents, teachers and helpers a little more transition time before and after worship. Remember, this is an interim year, a year of changes and test drives. Watch this space next week for more about Interim Religious Educator and the Interim process.
CRE This Week….
We are back to classes by age-grouping during middle hour this Sunday, starting at 10:25.
- Our preschoolers will continue to explore the chalice and will get to make their first one!
- Volunteers: Carol Schwyzer, Sally Hamilton, Reanna Rich
- Elementary school aged children are continuing to explore the themes of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. The Kinder and First Grade class will explore Courage and The Second through Fifth with explore Conscience.
- Volunteers: Emily Shaeer, Mindy Nelson, Kelly Bedard
- YRUU (4:00) will look at some opportunities for defining purpose.
CRE Plan Ahead….
- All Souls Sunday, November 5 – Don’t forget to think about the family stories you want to share with your children to keep alive the relatives that have passed… And then dig through your photo boxes for pictures of the deceased relatives behind those stories for our November 5 classes.
- Holiday Craft Party, December 10 – Merry Christmas! Yes, we are planning ahead for our Annual Holiday Craft Party. Got some crafting ideas you want to share with our children and youth? Click here.
Thanks to those of you who jumped in to help in Children’s Religious Education. We have a volunteer librarian and volunteer board game testers. (Thanks to volunteers Michelle Bednash and Stephanie Riordan!) Now about rotating those cleaned baby toys and cataloging our library… Can you help? Click here to see our needs and sign up.
Contact Sara Sautter at email@example.com for more information.