How to Make a Gift of Stock The Unitarian Society of Santa Barbara
USSB welcomes gifts of stock for one-time donations or pledge payments.
To complete such transfers simply follow the instructions and review the conditions detailed below.
1. Notify Erin Wilson, USSB Director of Administration, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org of what stock you are planning to transfer along with the number of shares and their total anticipated value.
2. Transfer the stock to “The Unitarian Society of Santa Barbara” (Account Number # 574-633-243) via: Morgan Stanley, DTC 0015 Should you or your broker require it, their customer service number is 1 (888) 454-3965.
3. When Morgan Stanley receives your gift of stock, we will sell it as soon as possible, and the amount credited to your congregant gift record will be the amount USSB receives at the time of the sale.
4. After USSB receives notification that the stock has been sold, you will receive a letter acknowledging your gift of stock.
5. The amount you take as a non-cash tax-deductible gift is usually the amount of the stock when it was first given; please consult your accountant or tax professional on the most current tax laws and guidelines relating to such donations.
Should you have any questions please feel free to call 805-965-4583 extension 225 for assistance.
Thank you for your generosity to USSB!